16 December 2011

Catching up with an old friend

How do you feel when you can tell your school day crush that he was your childhood crush? Haha. I did. I met up with my long lost schoolmate after like 30+ years recently.

He was my primary school classmate. To me, he was the best looking guy in class. During that time, I didn't know I had a crush on him until we left our school to move on to secondary. We went to different school, but as my secondary school was near his home, I frequent his home often just to see him. I even stayed on for dinner with his family at times. I didn't know I had a crush on him until much later and I am still not sure why I keep wanting to see him back then.

Fast forward, present day. He didn't change much. His signature hairstyle, boy-next-door look and smile are still what I remembered, except much older. He is straight by the way and married.

We had a great time catching up with each other and from our conversation, I found him to be very open and non-judgmental. Somewhere during our conversation, he told me that one of his friend from his uni intro his partner to him and I took the opportunity and came out to him.

I am not usually the type who would just come out to people, but I am glad I did as I just want to be honest with him, as he me. We talked quite a fair bit about our personal lives and stuff and incidents and people of yesteryear.

I am sure we will keep in touch and hopeful build upon our friendship as we had lost touch for so many years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey gachi muchi, pls dun stop blogging. came across your blog through BW and i read your very first post till the last. it is a pity u dun post as regularly as the past as your posts are very original and interesting. can i suggest you at least have a post each month.

wish u good luck in your endeavours.

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky. An old classmate of mine hit on me when we were still in school. Then he felt guilty and stayed away. I took it as nothing unusual. Anyway I wasn't particularly attracted to him. Later on only after we left school and started working did I find out that he had been bad-mouthing me, outed me and telling everyone how he was straight and I 'took advantage' of him! No wonder old classmates either avoided me or became more distant. Guess I was unlucky.