22 October 2018

Is age a problem in a relationship?

Someone text me to tell me that he is dating someone 15years older than him and asked me if age is a problem?

For someone who had been with many guys whom are younger than me. I don't see it as much of a problem. Love is love, you love someone for who they are, it just so happens that their age is younger or older than you. The love you have between each other is not going to diminish or increase just because he is older or younger than you are.

Having said that, the next thing is how compatible are both of you? Do you click with each other? Do you have common interest? Do you talk it out if you have disagreements?

My young bf is 26year younger than me and we have been together for the past 6 to 7 years and still going strong.

In the beginning, my younger bf were conscientious when introducing friends around his age to me. He is worried of what others might say or ask. That I can understand, so sometimes I will join him with his friends and sometimes I don't, just so that I don't make it difficult for him. But over the few years we have been together, his friends starts to get use to seeing me around. He eventually came out to his very close friends about our relationship and his straight friends though surprised but accepted him for who he is.

Sometimes, young people are very conscious about their image and social standings. For me, I don't bother with how others view me. I live the life I want and I don't owe anyone a living and neither do they, so I am not at all bothered by how people sees me, as I don't live my life on other's expectations. I hope that young people understand this too. Don't live your life on what others expect of you. Live your life how you want as long as you don't hurt or harm people. Always choose to live a happy life.

So, is age a problem in a relationship? I can only says that, if you think it's a problem then you have a problem, but if you don't think it's a problem then it's hardly a problem. It's between you and the person you love, whatever problem you might have, I am sure you will find a solution for it.

No comments: