24 September 2022

New Senior @60

Just entered my 60 year a few days ago and am officially a lao uncle. Also months before, I celebrated my 10th year anniversary with my partner. I was torned between wanting a big celebration and yet another part of me wanted a simple dinner with friends and loved ones. Luckily my brother invited me to join him and his family for the celebrationand ended up having a family dinner at MBS.
As I separate my gay friends and family friends, I started celebrating very early and work my way till my big 60. Surprisingly, I got a message from my ex and met him for a very exclusive Japanese lunch. Chatted and found out that he recently broke off with his partner of 1 and half years. Encouraged my ex to open up his circle of friends and join groups like Out in Sg where they organise many well meaning programs and events for PLUs. I hope that he will recover from his last relationship and find someone he can be with. That said, I had also told him that it’s not easy for those above 40s to find love. Many gays brings with themselves lots of past baggages and sometime due to personality, etc. It’s hard for someone to change their ways or compromise their standards. But still, no harm trying getting to know more friends, for a start.
As one gets older, we must accept the fact that your contact list will start getting smaller. Just a few days ago, a friend just passed on as well as famous celebrities or people passing on, most recently as the Queen of England, Queen Elizeberth. May she rest in peace. Also my brother had a heart attack but was saved by the doctors when he went to the hospital in time, before he went unconscious. So life is fleeting. I really need to start exercising as I am becoming more and more like a bear instead of a Gachi Muchi.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope to receive new life updates from you soon...cheers!

Anonymous said...

今夜,读了几则你的短文。 比较了解你。

下周,但我返国后,希望与你喝杯午茶聊聊。

GKS

Anonymous said...

I read your posts in BW, a matured intellectual and (wild) experienced guy… hope to know you as a pal