19 August 2008

Self Exile

After reading BW, I came to know that there was some war-of-words between 2 regular BW mahjong kaki in their respective blogs. When friends are too close and sees each others too often, some misunderstandings can happend and frienship lost. It seems that the 2 BWers had settled their differences (from their respective blogs).

Few months ago, I was de-op from IRC by the original starter of the BW IRC chatroom for anyhow kicking people out. He told me that; "Most people (in IRC) dun want to see u on IRC". I took the hint and exile myself from IRC after that.

It was later that I found out the word "Most people" is subjective. I wasn't as "unwelcome" as I was "told".

I was sore initially, because I regards him as a friend but was treated like an outsider. I also realised that as much as I can regard somone as a friend, it is not up to me if I am not considered as one.

Luckily for me, everything happens for a reason. After my exile from IRC, I was kept busy after I enrolled myself in a course which eventually led me to my new job.

Anyway, looking at the positive side of things, I was glad that that person de-op me in IRC, if not for him, I would still be parking myself on IRC and spent hours on ends chatting and glueing myself to my computer. Not that there is anything wrong with doing the above.

Nowadays, I am swamped with work and hardly even have time to chat online and everyday after I comes back from work, it's more work and of course moderating of BW forum.

Well, I am not trying to add fuel to fire, I just felt that everything happens for a reason.

While one showed up during one of the Mod's birthday karaoke gathering, the other was absent.

Self exile is a good thing. Instead of fighting over issues, it is non-confrontational and it allows both party to cool off. Although not much could be said about the posting in their respective blogs and in their case, 寫者無心, 看者有意 which led to their misunderstanding.

I hope my blog also dun be misconstuded to be another 寫者無心, 看者有意 incident.

1 comment:

Water Max said...

Which course did you attend, pal? Haven't been attending courses for a long time. So, it'll be good to have some ideas. Courses that can lead to some meaningful, long-term career will be great. Thanks!