16 September 2008

Hitting Life's Reset Button

As I was sorting out some of the cut outs which I had lying around and found a Sunday Times April 13th article entitled "Hitting Life's Reset Button" by Ignatius Low. Reading it then and reading it now, it really set me thinking. Life earlier this year was comfortable and cosy with a good pay job and comparing with now, I am back to days of yonder; flash back year 2001.

This will be the third time I've pressed my reset button. 1st time was in 1990 when I decided to switched from Technical to Sales. 2nd was in 2001 when I came back from BKK. Now and most recently, my 3rd reset.

1990 was also the year where I decide to lead the life I want to live instead of living my life as someone I am not. I have learned to accept myself and wants to be happy instead of trying to please others while making myself miserable. It was also the year where I accepted my own orientation; after years of denial.

Year 2001 is a year where the whole world was going into recession. While the world goes into recession, I was going through mild depression. I was dis-interested to work and are vegging out at home. I eventually got out of my emotional rug and picked myself up.

Fast forward; 2008, I had left my job recently and had started a new path towards the unknown with my current project. The current economic situation is not looking good and it has giving me some what of a Déjà vu feeling. But what is different is I am not in depression but are very much aware of what I am getting myself into and the tough road ahead.

I am a fighter / survivor and I will enventually overcome and be successful. You can count on that.

4 comments:

Colin said...

Hang on in there, stud!

Gachi Muchi said...

Haha.. Thanks Stud.

rusty said...

Hi GM,

Some people discover more, by giving up. Some people do not dare to give up. So they'll never know.

Leaving the comfort zone, whilst initially tough and uncertain, be sure that you will grow and be wiser still.

Best wishes.

Rusty

Gachi Muchi said...

Thanks Rusty.