23 September 2008

46th Birthday Dinner


2008 is an interesting year.  So much had happened in the world.  The Earthquake with devastated China, the US financial crisis, China's Melamine milk scare, the Olympic, Singapore's first F1 race.

My career switch would certainly pale in comparison to the big event. In fact, if not for NFB and OB, I was not even thinking about celebrating my birthday.  Personally, I prefer to have a simple birthday just going out with a few close friends and having dinner.    My birthday dinner was organised a day early as I would be busy on Sunday.

Met Chat at TP central and waited for OB to pick us up to go to Turf City.  Upon arriving, Aka & Exec, Stockydude, NFB, Stoner and CB has already started eating.  Pete arrived much later. Dinner was sweaty but filling.  Exec had made a delicious chocolate which I had never tasted.  At my age, I better cut down on all the sweet stuff.   Of course that does not include cute young thing.

After dinner, Stoner & Stockydude left.  We adjourned to Bt Timah's McDonalds for coffee and met up with STB and Elmo.  We were all teasing STB for having a "hicky".  Curious CB kept wanting to know how STB feels when he was given a hicky.  Anyway, CB was teased the whole nite by the guys for his interest in me.  As for me, I was teasing STB and Elmo.  

The night draw to a close at about 12 but I still have to trouble NFB to drive me to mom's place to get the new iron with father redeemed with his fuel points.  It was really nice of NFB to drop me and waited for me and drove me back home. 

It was rather unfortunate that BH got diarrohea, Nuss could not find the parking lot and went back home frustrated and LC had Bowling that nite. 

Few days earlier, I was actually feeling pretty lousy but what more can anyone ask when u have friends around you to have nice dinner, chill, unwind, tease each other and simply just having fun. 

Thanks guys....you make my day.

No comments: