23 October 2008

Cyberbullying

Someone complained on BW 2 days ago, that he was kicked out and banned by the Op by making a remark that the chatter was a 'weirdo'. The op who is a close friend of the member in the chatroom took it upon himself to kick and ban the new guy who made a casual remark in the main chatroom. This complain eventually escalated to an all out exchange of words.

I posted my SOP and told that guy to take it easy as the chatroom is not the property of BW. As the exchange of words continue. The 'owner of the chatroom' tries to divert attention by bringing up an earlier incident about a 'notorious person who was kicking ppl too. It was so bluddy lame.

Personally, I think the 'owner of the chatroom' took sides and was bias. As much as he tries to justify his actions, it only made it worst by not admitting his mistake.

When Lungker move the topic to Flamming Room and Closed the discussion. I felt that since it is already in the flamming room, so let there be flames.

It was later that that 'owner of the chatroom' wrote about "obviously you are still angry' that got me going. Bluddy hell, was trying to put things aside and then kenna 'suan'. Well, for once, he deserved what he is getting.

Suddenly, a member broke his silence and wrote about being affected by such behaviour in that chatroom. I wonder who he was referring to when he wrote; "Some claim enlightenment in their blogs, but yet their behaviour is anything but." Hehe...I think I know who.

Anyway, I have to admit that I was guilty in the teasing, name calling, etc. part in chatroom but I only do that to ppl I know and it was done as a joke. Personally, talking normally is soooo boring. "Why so Serious?" (Joker to Batman).

So I know where that 'chatter' is coming at when he jest that "we had sex, etc." But apparently, the newbie don't get the joke which started the whole 'incident'.

When I went into the Chatroom later as a guest, 'the owner of the chatroom' somehow realised and left, but not before mentioning 'the moderator maybe spying'. Oh please, spying? Spy what? What is there to spy?

The other person in the 'storm' was actually badly affected by the incident. He keeps apologising to those he thinks he might have offended. It seems, he couldn't get over the fact that he had indirectly caused an 'incident'. No amount of words could pacify him.

Someone mentioned that 'This Topic is the most interesting one in months since "quitting bw"' and I couldn't agree with it more. I am so gonna sit back and watch the firework with my packet of popcorns.

1 comment:

小草 said...

A person who is firm and stick to his principles is easy to be misunderstand. Ultimately, one needs to recognise that it is impossible and there's no need to please everyone. So long, the conscious is clear, so be it.