31 October 2008

Dying Alone

Another news of a lady whose decomposed body was found weeks after she went missing. It is quiet sad that cases like these happens once in awhile. It was reported that she kept to herself and lived alone and had few friends and work independently.

I remembered an incident I once had few years back while I was home alone. While in the toilet doing my no. 1, I suddenly felt nauseating and that I am going to black-out. I quickly cleaned up and rush back to my room to lie on my bed before I pass out. Before I hit my bed, a thought rushed to me to leave the door open, just in case if I were to be unconscious, my tenant/partner can see that I am at home.

After I recovered from my near black-out, I called my then ex-partner and we both went to the emergency unit of the nearby hospital. I was later diagnosed with kidney/gall stones which was the caused to the cold sweat and fainting spell.

It was excruciating to suffer from stones but I eventually recovered. The incident did made me realised that it is good to have someone around, be it a partner or tenant or friend. And in case of emergencies or something serious, one should consider a backup plan where someone can be the custodian to manage your assets, etc. should the need arises.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

r u ok now?